CAVIAT in the News
- Budding bioscientists devise flu tracking, prediction systems
A group of 12 local high school students may have come up with a possible solution for tracking where the flu might hit next. Arizona Daily Sun (3/14/2017)
- Williams students help with clean-up day
Students from Williams High School Medical Assisting program help collect litter in empty lots and fields surrounding Williams as part of Clean and Beautiful clean up day Sept. 17. Williams News (9/27/2016)
- Summit High graduation speaker juggles school goals, motherhood
FLAGSTAFF, AZ - Bouncing a toddler on her hip and managing time between studying for her classes and caring for her daughter might not be what a conventional high school senior looks like, but Leona Slim said being a mother in high school has given her the motivation to reach for her dreams. Arizona Daily Sun (5/8/2016)
- Culinary Arts students win scholarships at Skills USA competition
WILLIAMS, Ariz. - Williams High School culinary students took home honors and scholarships at the SkillsUSA Arizona Championships March 29-30 in Phoenix. Williams-Grand Canyon News (5/9/16)
- CAVIAT to offer medical professions foundations and bioscience classes at Williams High.
WILLIAMS, Ariz. - Coconino Association for Vocations, Industry and Technology (CAVIAT) along with the Williams-Grand Canyon Chamber of Commerce is having an open house and ribbon cutting ceremony, to view the Central Campus in Williams Oct. 28 at 5 p.m. The event is open to the public. Williams-Grand Canyon News (10/29/15)
- Lawmakers Tour High School CTE Programs
Local Lawmakers toured high school Career and Technical Education (CTE) classes Tuesday to get a taste of the different skills and specialties students can learn while still in high school.
Arizona Daily Sun (10/15/15)
- NAU, CAVIAT Partner for Bioscience Course
High school juniors and seniors interested in bioscience will have a new Career and Technical Education (CTE) class to choose from in the upcoming school year.
Arizona Daily Sun (10/8/15)
- High School Tech Ed Program Gets New Flagstaff Location
Students and faculty celebrated the official opening of a new location for CAVIAT in Flagstaff. Arizona Daily Sun (9/13/15)
- Williams School District to offer more career classes
Williams High School will offer two new Career And Technical Education (CTE) classes in the coming school year. Williams-Grand Canyon News (6/16)
- Coconino High School Auto Technology program earns national accreditation.
FLAGSTAFF, AZ - Students from the Coconino High School automotive program sit with their teacher Brian Locke, second row right, in the school's auto shop. The program has received a certification from the National Automotive Technician Education Foundation to help train students to be auto technicians. Arizona Daily Sun (5/29)